New Project:I am also going to start a "large" and complicated new cross stitch project this year based on a photograph by a really talented Alaskan photographer who was incredibly kind and said I could make a cross stitch of it. The photographer is Mike Gates, go check out his site - his work is amazing!
The pattern was made for me as a prize for winning a competition on dA. It's 10 inches wide x 14 1/2 inches high = 180 x 261 stitches on 18 ct Aida and it uses 147 colours. I am truly intimidated but I did ask for the pattern to be as close to the photo as possible and didn't limit size or colours and I certainly got what I asked for!
Update: I have dyed the fabric for this using coffee.
The Current WIP's:
Sagittarius star sign by Lanarte - central area complete
Update: No progress made on this.
8th century tile floor embroidery in greens and blues.
Update: I have managed to complete 2 sides of this now
Sampler - barely started
Update: I decided to use for the TAST SAL(see sidebar for a link to the project blog) and see if I can make some sort of picture with all the different stitches have done the first 3 weeks so far.
2 sleeping bunnies - a Priscilla babyland embroidery - about half done but I *so* hate doing 1/4 and 3/4 cross stitches.
The Finishes can be found if you click the tab "2013 finishes" at the top of the page.