Linen and Threads 2017 Mystery Band Sampler Stitch Along was released a little early which, as they are located in Australia, means that it was available for me on Friday lunchtime! I did get stitching fairly soon after it was released but I had a couple of things to finish stitching before then, which I'll tell you more about in a bit.
The other thing I didn't do because of this working theory is the little flowers between the urns and the trees - I'm not sure if they are planned to be flowers or not and again I'd rather play it safe and wait than regret my colour choices and have to rip.
I stitched the rather feminine looking vases with DMC 964 and 597 starting with the former and going via a blended thread bit where I used a strand of both to the latter for the base. The flowers in the vases I did with DMC 3807 for the flowers and a combination of DMC 563 and 368 for the leaves and stems. The tree shapes I did with DMC 561 and 991.
The Never Ending Band Sampler Stitch-Along but I did finish this band using DMC Color Variations 4170 for the flowers and DMC 369 for the leaves. I also did a replacement band for the alphabet as I didn't want to deal with all the tiny backstitching on the 18ct Aida - I used the little pattern that is just behind the Z in the pattern given and stitched it across the whole width using DMC Coloris 4500.
here along with a pink version in case orange is a bit bright for you.
here btw. There is an awful lot of backstitching on this one - and it seemed to take forever but I'm glad I did this one as the colours needed a few tweaks from the original pattern so I was able to adjust that before sharing.
So that's what has been keeping me busy this week - I'll be back Friday with another mucha princess fob!