From last month the carry over was € 15.81
This month:Month: April
Budget: € 25.00
Spent: € 31.24
Earned: € 20.02
Carry over: ( € 15.81 + € 20.02 + € 25.00) - € 31.24 = € 29.59
This month I decided it was high time I added all the "new" colours of Colour Variations to my stash that have not yet become readily available in the Netherlands yet. I also was running low on E168, 712 and 814 so I got them as well as a water removable marker pen as my old one had run out. Total spent excluding the pen: € 31.24
My subscription stuff:I have a monthly subscription at Jodyri for the monthly hand dyed fabric, monthly hand dyed thread and a subscription for a set of 5 threads from the standard collection. Last month I had not yet received the package so I'm showing it now:
The theme of March was Bill and Ben - most UK people will immediately think of The Flowerpot Men, an old 50s programme that was revived a few years ago and brought back to the BBC for the kids of today to enjoy.
April's theme was Amethyst and boy what a grand job Jodyri did with that colour! I don't like purples much but this one is wonderful.
My earnings:The April ornaments:
This month I finished 2 ornaments as usual using the pattern I've made for my Ornament of the Month SAL. The fabric is 16ct antique white Aida that I got last summer when I was in the UK and the threads are from my stash, most of which were collected before 1995 though of course I have since added any new colours and topped up colours I finished. The pendant bead and the bead on the tassel are the beads my bf sent me and the edging beads are the beads Carla sent me last month.
The bigger ornament is 47 stitches square and the smaller one 35 stitches square so each ornament earns me $ 4.00 each for a total of $ 8.00 which according to the currency converter today is € 7.28
Fob a Month April Edition:
A Fob a Month - 2. The scissor fob is 26 stitches square which earns me $ 2.00 and the pincushion is 40 x 36 stitches which earns me $ 4.00 for a total of $ 6.00 which is € 5.46
Randje Per Week January rows:
Last of all I started and worked on a band sampler - it's a pattern that's given for free in weekly instalments and is called "Randje Per Week" or band of the week in English. You can find the patterns here: Randje Per Week. It started in January so I'm well behind, but this does mean I can work on a month's worth of patterns at the same time. I saw on some photo's on google image search that some people were adding motifs and I thought it was a fun idea to do, so I decided to do a butterfly this month, an old pattern I have in my scrapbook that was cut from a magazine some time in the 80's. The fabric was bought last October and the thread was already in my stash as well.
To make it easier to count I'm going to only count stitching if it's part of a whole month's worth of patterns - so as January had 5 Saturdays there are 5 instalments so 10 rows. Each row is 103 stitches wide. I have not counted the 3 stitch gaps between the bands and decided that due to the lack of coverage I would also not count the motif in the calculations to give a more fair end result.
Week 1 is 11 stitches high
Week 2 is 6 stitches high
Week 3 is 5 stitches high
Week 4 is 8 stitches high
Week 5 is 6 stitches high
Giving a total of 36 stitches high x 103 stitches wide
36 + 103 = 139/2 = 69.5 stitches square for the calculation which gives me $ 8.00 which is € 7.28
This brings my total earnings at: € 7.28 + € 5.46 + € 7.28 = € 20.02
This month was a good stash month! Not too much enhancement but enough to have the colours I might need and a fair bit of stash use which is the main idea of all this.