I first started this blog due to "popular demand" for me to to share my cooking and quilting results in blog form as it was easier for friends and people who know me to see what I'm up to, especially compared to just an image hosting site. Now I blog because I enjoy sharing what I do and hope that I do in some way inspire people to try new things out as well.
Saturday's progress got me very close to the end of the stitching but not quite past the finish line. Yesterday I finished the planned stitching and back stitching. I also made a decision about what to do with the cheek and decided in the end that stitching was the way to go. I looked at my threads and felt that going with gold would be my best bet but as I wanted a slightly different shade than I already had I needed to blend threads. I chose E3821 and E3852 and used one thread of each. This made using the threads a bit more difficult as you need to fix the thread to the needle with a loop to avoid the thread splitting too much, which required shorter bits of thread than I'm used to for DMC but it has been working out for me.
This has of course added some stitches to the total but on the whole it's not all that much really. Unfortunately I was not able to complete the stitching yesterday as hoped as I wasn't feeling too well and still am not but as there are only 171 stitches left of the cheek I think I can make it today.
Stitches done: 196 & 20.86 inches of XL backstitch.
Total stitches: 12935
Total backstitches: 63.62 inches
Stitches left: 171