Saturday, 14 March 2015

Celtic Wolf - WIP post 27

Yesterday I showed you Thursday's progress, not so much but still not the least amount of progress I have made. Yesterday I had to do some cleaning as my evil house does not clean itself, although admittedly it might be creepy if it did. My eldest son also descended with a friend wanting to dig out some old computers from the shed and see if they can make a working computer from all the bits - this should have had them off doing stuff but somehow it required a whole string of questions that came every few minutes, leading to me losing count, having to frog stitch and finally giving up on embroidery till the friend had gone. It also didn't help that they wanted me to see if some of the old hard drives worked which meant shutting down my computer, which is where I have the pattern for Wolf, adding the hard drive and then starting the computer again... and again... and again... till all of them had been checked.

Once the friend had gone home I settled down to do the last bit of dark blue I could reach (only have 22 left to do) and then the red (still have 3 stitches left of this colour) then I moved on to do some medium blue. Because I wanted to move the hoop so I could reach that last little corner I decided to first do the ear which I chose to use Kreinik 025 for a lighter shiny grey than the DMC E313 I was originally planning.
If you look carefully you can see the subtle shine of the grey, which is not as similar to the background as the photo seems to imply. This non holographic Kreinik is *so* nice to stitch with! It's a lot smoother to work with as it's not as stiff and "crunchy" which meant I could use slightly longer lengths and didn't have to mess around knotting stuff. I will however add that the slightly more difficult holographic threads look amazing and are totally worth the effort!

One thing I am less happy about is that none of the beads I have or recently got for the cheek area are ones that Wolf is happy with leading me to start wondering if I should stitch this area after all - it would only add another 286 stitches to the total so wouldn't take long to do but I don't want the same colours as I already have in use so I need to think this one through a bit more.

Stitches done: 444
Total stitches:  11981
Total backstitches: 42.76 inches
Stitches left: 839

See you tomorrow when I'll hopefully have made up my mind about the cheek.

7 comments:

  1. He is so darn pretty.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so darn pretty.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looking really amazing...and it seems that there was a lot to learn about the different kinds of threads, which is a nice bonus when doing a piece like this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes there was, especially the metallics and Kreinik threads had a learning curve, a big project like this really lets you settle in and practice using them :)

      Delete