I first started this blog due to "popular demand" for me to to share my cooking and quilting results in blog form as it was easier for friends and people who know me to see what I'm up to, especially compared to just an image hosting site. Now I blog because I enjoy sharing what I do and hope that I do in some way inspire people to try new things out as well.
Sunday's progress can be seen above - the face is finished and the neck getting worked on with the total number of stitches being 9500. The number of stitches I have left that I am going to do (as opposed to what I had originally planned before I decided to also use beads) was 3320. Yesterday's progress put a dent in that. I started stitching the neck area and found working so far to the right to be painful, so I moved the hoop. Once I'd adjusted the placement of the hoops I found that the threads I'd parked were getting in my way so I dealt with those before finishing the reds. I did an additional thread of the middle blue to fill in the area under the ear a bit more and then moved on to stitching with black. As the hoop is again too far too the right for my hand I decided to move it today but first I hung it on the fence outside to take a well lit photo of the completed embroidery so far.
The lower black line at the top will continue down to link up with the black outline of the blue area while the top black line will become the outline of the neck itself. The unstitched grey area on the cheek will be covered with beads so that's why that is still not stitched. I still have 900 black stitches to do most of which will be the neck outline and the bit at the bottom.
And, so you can see the entire piece of fabric, here is a photo with my ugly fence. He currently measures 7" (17.78 cm) across and 8 1/4" (20.95 cm) top to bottom.
Stitches done: 827
Total stitches: 10327
Total backstitches: 42.76 inches
Stitches left: 2493