I first started this blog due to "popular demand" for me to to share my cooking and quilting results in blog form as it was easier for friends and people who know me to see what I'm up to, especially compared to just an image hosting site. Now I blog because I enjoy sharing what I do and hope that I do in some way inspire people to try new things out as well.
After a few days off doing the March ornaments I was finally able to get back to Wolf yesterday! So happy I could as he's been nagging me a for a bit to get his eye completed and some colour on his face. I shall start by showing you a close up of his eye, something Carla asked for so you can see what I was up to with that.
What you see here is the pupil I did on day 18 with the bit of Kreinik blending filament 085 around the edge, then a round of DMC E334 & E825 blended together and finally the rest was filled in with just E334. The white of the eye was done with Kreinik 001J which gives a much whiter colour than the planned DMC metallic white gold. You can already see a bit of the greens I used for the muzzle of the wolf in the image above but the image below will show it all.
As you can see I added some pattern here too - interlocking square loops, another design I found used in illuminated manuscript backgrounds. I used DMC 164 and 910 for this. I also did a bit of stitching in the neck area, I used Kreinik holographic copper thread (Coptic copper I think it's called) 012L between the DMC E301 I had already done but sadly they are too close in colour despite the sparkle of the Kreinik so I will have to re-think that bit. In total I stitched 529 stitches yesterday.
Fortunately I am still on track to finish on time as I'd calculated a week off for the ornaments and they took only 4 days.
Stitches done: 529
Total stitches: 8050
Total backstitches: 42.76 inches