Thoughts on the use of Kreinik as a result of my first real stitching experience:
- Speciality threads have instructions of use - read them.
- Kreinik suggests threading the needle using a strip of paper - it works brilliantly!
- Threading the needle with the loose end of the spool of thread means you use the thread in the right direction, like sewing thread it twists less like this. I thread the needle first then cut.
- Use short lengths - I measure across the diagonal of my tablet to get the length, which is approx 10,5 inches.
- Like any braid it unravels when cut and not fixed - just think how fast your hair unravels if you don't fix it in place with an elastic or ribbon etc. - a fix is to tie a small knot on both ends (after threading the needle) if you pull the knot tight enough you will barely notice it's there AND you have less issues with it unravelling.
- As Kreinik suggests - use a bigger needle as it results in less wear and tear on the thread, you don't really see the difference afterwards either.
- Drop the needle every 5 - 8 stitches to let the thread unravel. With the little knot in place the needle will not fall off!
Total backstitches: 42.76 inches
See you tomorrow!