Thursday 18 April 2013

The Mystery Project & IHSW


 Don't forget it's IHSW this weekend! This time it's a child free weekend for me so I hope to get a lot done in between preparing the vegetable bed for planting outside seeds.
While looking at my UFOs last year I came across this but couldn't find which pattern belonged to it, so I set it aside knowing that I'd probably eventually find out what it was for. I was right - a couple of days ago while thinking about my options for the #stitchingpirates latest contest over on deviantArt and while starting to put a printed in a magazine pattern into the PC Stitch so I could play around with it and Frankenstein the pattern, I realised that *some* of the squares had been coloured in with pencil - the way I do with patterns I'm following. A moment of pondering later and I knew what it was and I'm so happy - I've been wanting to do this pattern "forever" as I really love the flowers but don't like the background as much and judging by the rectangle I've drawn on the fabric I was planning to do something other than the square background in the pattern.

I finished putting the pattern into PC Stitch on Tuesday and have started stitching - it's going easily and quickly which is nice too - a nice break from the complications of the mushrooms.
As you can see there is quite a bit of progress happening here and that;s just what I managed between doing some gardening, the dentist for the post tooth removal check up (supposed to be 2 weeks ago but my rheumatism had hit the jaw and I decided to wait for the flare up to go away) and he gave me some really good news while he was at it - the 3 wisdom teeth that have erupted can stay where they are! This is a huge relief as I was really worried that they'd have to take them out but all I needed was a filling and they were good to go. I also went on a quick trip to town for some stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Hello

    Just found your blog.
    Your stitching is lovely.
    I like the way you changed the colour of the cups in your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm clapping wildly here! I was wondering what it was and if you would ever find the pattern :D Still wondering what it is, but you have said flowers and that's good enough for me.

    I have been telling EVERYONE here that this is the third weekend of the month, so I am busy. Because they are confused they will still try and get me on the phone to do things other than stitching....not happening. think I'll change my voice mail to say that very thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait till you see tomorrow's update! I've been on a roll and have done so much it's update worthy :) You will be able to see it starting to take shape :)

      Good :D you deserve some rest to just sit and stitch :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.