Saturday, 5 January 2013

First Finish of the year: UFO #9 - Clown

This is my first Finish of the year and also the first finish for the Finish It In 2013 Project

It had gone unfinished for 2 reasons:
1. When I was originally working on it I made a mistake in counting and this is probably why I chucked it aside. I had, of course, forgotten this by the time I got round to working on it again so I adjusted the pattern a little to "fix" the issues as I worked on it, as there was no way I was going to rip anything out.
2. I had lost the pattern so thought I couldn't finish it till I had a good look at the cover image of the kit and realised that the picture showed the crosses well enough and, as I still had the threads that went with the kit, I could finish it after all.

It's not perfect but it's done and that to me is the most important bit for this particular project.

The stats:
Size: 3 3/9 inch x 3 6/8 inch / 8,5 x 9,5 cm
Aida: 14 ct / 5 squares per cm
Colours: 14 not sure which though as the packet doesn't say. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm screaming with GLEE!!! How wonderful, very nicely done :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHA!!

      I *knew* I could hear something in the distance.. now I know *what*! :D

      Thanks :D

      Delete
  2. Oh so very cute little clown! Love it! Bet you're happy to get it finished!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Oh goodness yes! It was a project I didn't want to give up on... but also couldn't see myself every finishing due to no pattern.

      Delete