Monday, 19 November 2012

The next side project - dying the fabric

For the next project I wanted to make a more patterned background in browns so I had a look around the house for things that I could use that were brown. A look in the fridge provided me with some prune jam that rather unfortunately had decided to become a science experiment since I'd last used it so I decided that I could try with that instead of just chucking it out. I did of course first remove the science experimental bit and just used what was underneath and as yet unscientific. I made the paint in the same way as I had when I made the paints last time and it smelled rather pleasant to my relief. As you can see above I painted circles with the prune paint then i made some coffee paint and filled in the circles with it
I then let it all rest and think about life for a bit before giving it a wash in the sink with warm water and some washing up liquid. The end result is a lot less bright but it does give a nice texture for the embroidery it's made for.
 I'm happy with the result and can't wait to see what it will look like when the embroidery is complete!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks :D It's so much fun to do too - and cheap as it just uses stuff I already have at home :)

      Delete