Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Mini biscornu side A

Here is the first side of the biscornu I'm making for another #stitchingpirates challenge over on deviant Art. As is getting normal for me I first had a go at dying the fabric before I started with the embroidery - this time I used forest fruits jam to make the paint that I swirled around on the fabric - it gives a purplish hue to the fabric that doesn't show up too well in this image.

I'm now working on the other side - in blue silk threads that I've been dying to use for something as I've been wondering how the softness would translate to cross stitch.

Size  2 1/4" / 5,75 cm square
Fabric: 18 ct Aida
Colours used: white, 973 (yellow), 947 (orange) and 666 (red)
Total number of cross stitches: 644
Total number of backstitches: 308

2 comments: