Tuesday 5 July 2011

What to do when the painters show up...


Today the landlord inflicted me with painters to paint the outside window frames and doors which meant that I had to be ready to jump up in an instant if they needed something. So I did some sewing. First I made the pockets and pocket flaps for the inner bag, then I made this scissor holder by hand. I didn't decide until after I'd made it that I was going to put some Velcro on the back or I'd have sewn that on by machine before sewing the front seam, it wasn't easy doing that by hand. I have no idea who originally created the pattern for this - I made one a long time ago and just worked from memory to re-create it in different fabrics. It closes with Velcro and the button was added as decoration.

All I need to do now to complete the inner bag is sew on the Velcro for the thread holder and scissor holder and sew on the mini pincushion I'd already made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.